From Geuvadis MediaWiki
Aims of the QC analyses
- Quantify technical variation and its sources; most importantly the magnitude and sources of lab effects in RNAseq data
- Detect technical outlier samples in the data to be able to exclude bad data
- Define technical covariates to correct the quantifications for to reduce technical variation and thus increase power to detect biological variation
- methods, description, results...
- sample sheets and info of samples to exclude or flag in analysis
- all essential info for analysts of which samples to use / not use / watch out for should be here